Thursday, February 6, 2014

All Caught Up!!

I was a bit worried last week that I was getting too far behind, but with the super easy step 4 I am all caught up again!  4 patches!!!  I think I am becoming an expert on these.  I did a seam check fairly often and they all seem to be the size they are supposed to be.  I made 300 of them over the last week.  I had to run to the quilt shop in the midst of doing this as I had nearly run out of purple!!  I did not want to use too much in the same pattern as it is supposed to be scrappy and I was also able to go through my fabrics again and find some lighter purples I had previously omitted.

Look at that wonderful matched up seam in the middle!!!
Now I will be moving on to the final step before assembling the blocks!  Who am I kidding???  I will make enough to make a few blocks and then make a few to see how this is all going to look.  I am not patient enough to wait until I have made another 244 units!

As I was already at the quilt shop and I just could not resist, I picked up the Downton Abbey fat quarter bundle.  I have not ever seen the TV show but I have had my eye on this fabric since it came out, I think it is a beautiful set.  

I'm not sure what I will make with it yet but I hope it will be great! Maybe I can figure a way to watch the show sometime... hint, hint Netflix, get it together and get this show for me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment