Monday, February 17, 2014

Final Piece to the Quilt!!

I have finished putting together all of the pieces and I am ready to start making the blocks!  Step 5 was these fun little Split Triangle units:


I am not the biggest fan of triangles, I always seem to mess them up and they never go together how they are supposed to.  Not so with these!  The strip cutting with the easy angle ruler has changed how I look at cutting and sewing triangles.  These were easy to cut, sew and for the most part they even came out the correct size!  Success!!

Now I have all the pieces I need to start making the blocks.  There are 2 blocks to make so I decided to start with the Birthday Girl block.  Here are the piles of pieces I need to sew together to make the first 61 blocks: 


Oh my this is a bit intimidating!  And this is only for the first half of the blocks.  I have another shoe box full of the other half of pieces to make the other block.  I did manage to get about 5 done this morning and will work on them more tonight.  I am going to take the kids for a short hike and then run some errands this afternoon.  


Not perfect but I love how the colors turned out together.  Some people turned around the chevrons to make the block into more of a star but I decided I like it just like this and will make them all with the diamond in them.  Time to get back to it!  

No comments:

Post a Comment