Thursday, January 30, 2014

Pinwheel, Pinwheel Spinning Around....

Every time I make pinwheel blocks, this song comes to mind.  Oh 1980's, you were such a simpler (is this even a word?!?!) time.


I am not anywhere near finished with the pinwheels that I should have been able to finish this week.  I fully admit this is my fault but I had to take a few days off sewing to work on stuff around the house and just got behind.  I have cut all the pieces I need and sewn all the triangles together.  I am working on pressing these to make into the lovely pinwheels that I love so much.  I did one to make sure my seams were all OK, here it is:

I love that this is scrappy!  I like doing scrappy quilts, they just appeal to me.  I love picking up fat quarters in the quilt shops and then just seeing where they end up when working on something new.  This is the first quilt in a while that I have dug into my fabric stash for.  I tend to work with fat quarter bundles as it is easy to coordinate with those and still have something that ends up looking somewhat scrappy.  I had to pick a color other than orange for it because for some reason I only have like 3 of those... maybe 4.  I chose purple/pink for this and I love how it looks with the yellows.  I'm excited, I am about halfway through making this quilt now! 

No comments:

Post a Comment