Monday, March 3, 2014

Still sewing away...

I have only made a bit of progress this week... but I hope to have the top pieced by this weekend.  I tend to be pretty motivated once I get to this point in a quilt.  I finished all 60 of the second block this weekend...

54-40 or Fight!

And then I trimmed up the edges of all 121 blocks...

That is a lot of blocks!

I haven't seen a pile that high of blocks in a while!  They are 9 1/2 inches now (to be 9 inches in the quilt) so it takes quite a few to make a king size quilt.  After I put the kids to bed last night I sat down with a beer and laid them all out into rows so they are now all ready to sew together.  I will start sewing them into rows this evening.

There was one four-patch that was facing the wrong direction.  I think it ended up in row four.  Not too bad to get one wrong out of 300.  I considered taking it out and fixing it but as I had already trimmed and such I decided to leave it in there.  I can't imagine that anyone else would ever even notice it.  It will just be there to remind me that that a little bit of imperfection is part of life.  

I am not even finished with this quilt and I am already thinking about the next one I am going to put together. It is Molly's turn for a quilt and I have had the materials for hers for some time.  It was supposed to be the next quilt like 3 quilts ago... then came the quilt for Christmas... and this one... but no worries!  I am going to do hers next!  It is a 9 patch pattern so it shouldn't take very long to do at all.  Here is the pattern I chose.  I found a super cute jelly roll some time ago that has adorable little owls and snails and such on it and when I found this pattern I knew that was what I would use it for.



I still need to get something to use for the coordinating non-white part of the border.  I also want to put a fuzzy purple blanket on the back of it for her as she loved that I did that with Gabe's quilt last year. 
Gabe's quilt not doing a swell job of hiding his messy, messy bed.

Sew much to do and always too little time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment